Homemade Pesto Sauce
This pesto sauce is one of my most popular recipes. So delicious and versatile it requires no cooking. I usually make a double or triple batch and keep some in the refrigerator and/or freezer. Dinner is always ready with pasta and pesto available!
Here’s a delicious recipe that you can try with your pesto. It’s a simple, but delicious pesto pasta dish.
- 1 16-ounce box of linguine pasta
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (pigneolas)*
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, sliced
- In a large pot, bring 4 to 6 cups of salted water to a boil. Add salt to taste if desired. Add pasta to water and stir gently. Cook for 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor except for olive oil and grape tomatoes. Process until creamy. Slowly add olive oil. Mix pesto sauce with hot pasta, add grape tomatoes and serve.
- For refrigeration purposes, place pesto in tightly-fitting jar or container and pour a small amount of olive oil over the top of the pesto sauce to prevent darkening. You can freeze the pesto as well.