Mango Orange Sorbet with Vegan Chocolate Sauce
I created this recipe one summer when it was so hot and I wanted to develop a cool dessert that was dairy free. The Mango Orange Sorbet is an easy frozen dessert and the vegan chocolate sauce is simple to make too! I use a high speed blender (my Vitamix) for all blended recipes.
It is very important to place the ingredients in the order listed to ensure proper utilization of the Vitamix. The weight of each ingredient, plus the law of gravity pushes everything down into the blade for proper blending.
In a matter of minutes, you can have a low calorie fresh dessert that is light and full of flavor. Definitely an entertainment friendly dessert suitable for casual and fine dining!
- 2 ½ cups mango, chopped and frozen
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons fruit juice
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients in the Vitamix container in the order listed above.
- Secure the lid.
- Use the Frozen Dessert Program and the tamper to push ingredients into the blade.