How to Make Homemade Almond Milk
Keeping it dairy free? Homemade almond milk is not only rewarding, rich in taste and creamy, but very simple to make. All you’ll need is a high speed blender, raw almonds and water!
You can sweeten your milk with honey, agave, maple syrup or dates. Many times I will start with unsweetened milk as you can easily use it as the base for other delicious recipes.
Also, check out these other great vegan recipes:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups water plus 1 cup of water to soak almonds
- 1 dated, pitted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 nut bag or cheesecloth
- Soak almonds in 1 cup of water for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse almonds thoroughly.
- Place in the blender container and add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour liquid into the nut bag and let drain.
- Squeeze out any excess milk.
- If using a cheesecloth, place in a strainer.